Geranium Dress by Made by Rae

By now, I'm sure that everyone has heard of the Geranium Dress by Made by Rae.  I know I've been eyeing it for quite a while, and with our busy wedding schedule this summer, decided it was finally time to go ahead and make one for Evelyn.  It's made out of Kaufman Linen Blend Metallic fabric in a light blue shade that I picked up from

There are so many different combinations you can make with this pattern, but for this particular dress, I tried to keep it pretty simple.  It has a scoop neck, flutter sleeves, and a gathered waistline.  The pattern does call for a lining, but I decided to skip that step, since the dress was already a fairly heavy, and my little girl runs warm!  It took a little more finagling to do it that way, but I think the result still looks nice, and I don't have to worry about her overheating.

It was an incredibly quick project to work up, and I was able to complete it in one evening after Evelyn had gone to bed.  Really, the most time consuming part of this project was probably sewing on the snap closures at the end!

I love how it turned out, and I'm so excited to make more versions of this pattern.  I've already made a top that she wore for the Fourth of July and doctored it up in order to make her a pair of pajamas - let me know if you would be interested in blogposts for either of those!  As for right now, we're getting ready to head to another wedding, and I think she'll be wearing this dress again!